COVID-19 Safety Policy for Summer 2020
The past 2.5 months of COVID-19 quarantine have been like nothing we have ever imagined or experienced. I know that you and your family, like mine, have experienced your own unique challenges and obstacles. To best serve you, the Verbose Language Learning Center is open as of May 18th and committed to taking every precaution to keep Verbose kids safe and healthy. In order to support your families, our language-focused summer camps are proceeding with extreme caution.
Verbose Language Learning Center staff members are excited to re-open our doors for the Summer of 2020, while this summer will look different as we focus on health and safety, our cultural and language immersion programming is as fun and exciting as ever. Our capacity is limited to 24 children. If you are interested in enrolling, please contact our office at (316) 202.8865 with questions or assistance enrolling.
The health & safety of our staff, Verbose Kids, parents/guardians, is our first priority. To ensure their safety, Verbose Language Learning Center has implemented the following protocols and procedures in accordance with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), requirements of Kansas Department of Health & Environment (KDHE).
Precautions at the Verbose Language Learning Center:
• Anyone that is sick or exhibiting symptoms is required to stay at home & won’t be permitted at the Center. Anyone who becomes sick during Verbose Camp time will be immediately sent home.
• Verbose spaces & materials after use and before closing each evening.
• Social distancing practices will be followed wherever possible.
• Group sizes will not exceed 12 people (1 staff & 11 Verbose Kids).
• Screening for signs & symptoms will be conducted for all Verbose Kids before they enter the building to determine:
o If there has there been any travel within the last 14 days in the state or country identified as a hot spot for COVID-19?
o Has there been exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, either household or non-household contact?
o Is the individual or anyone in the home showing signs of illness or who have the following:
• Fever greater than 100.4 degrees (F), Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sudden loss of smell or taste and all other signs of illness (headache, sore throat, general aches/pains, fatigue/weakness/extreme exhaustion
Precautions at Drop-Off & Pick-Up:
• During drop-off times, parents & child(ren) will remain outside, a Verbose staff member will come to the door to take the temp of child(ren) while parent will sign them in and will be expected to have their own pen.
• Parents/guardians who are self-quarantining due to close contact with an individual with COVID-19 should not do drop-off or pick-up.
• We recommend that the same person dropping off is also the same person who is picking-up each day.
• In the unlikely event of a positive COVID-19 case at the Verbose Center, the site will close immediately, the Sedgwick County Health Department and our licensing surveyor will be notified. Verbose Language Learning Center will work closely with them to communicate with all involved parties and will follow all guidance on necessary steps prior to re-opening.
Thank you for trusting us with your child and the health and safety of your child(ren) while navigating this “new normal” together. These types of precautions are vital to help us keep your loved ones safe.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at Learn@VerboseLLC.com